CONFIDENTIALITY & RIGHTS
- TLC – Virtual Assistant shall keep any work undertaken confidential and not use it for personal gain or promotion without written consent of the Client.
- The business affairs of the Client shall not be discussed or disclosed to any third parties.
- The Client will be the legal owner and will hold intellectual copyright of all work undertaken by TLC – Virtual Assistant.
- All images supplied by the client remain their responsibility, with regards to obtaining rights for use. All images supplied by TLC – Virtual Assistant will be sourced with permission.
PAYMENTS & BILLING
- Initial fifteen-minute consultation in person, skype or telephone is complimentary.
- Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the client.
- The Client understands TLC – Virtual Assistant’s estimated time and cost for completing work is an informal calculation and that any adjustments to the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees is subject to review and renegotiation with the Client when necessary.
- Any errors must be reported within two days of receipt of completed work. Errors generated by TLC – Virtual Assistant will be rectified free of charge, but amendments or alterations requested by the client thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
- If, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, TLC – Virtual Assistant may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Similarly, if, during the term of the TLC – Virtual Assistant’s work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the TLC – Virtual Assistant may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Should ongoing project work be suspended or delayed through any default of the client, TLC – Virtual Assistant shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
- An agreement, in writing or by email, of a set number of hours a week or month may not be carried over to subsequent periods by the client, without prior written agreement from both parties.
- If the project is based on an hourly rate, then a minimum invoice amount is for one hour and the hourly rate is then billed in increments of 30 minutes, with time rounded up to the nearest half of an hour.
- Clients will be invoiced either after an individual assignment is completed or on an ongoing monthly basis.
- First time clients will initially be asked for a deposit in advance of work commencing then all subsequent invoices will be at the end of every calendar month.
- Invoices are to be settled within seven days upon the delivery unless otherwise agreed. The final invoice shall include billable time, reimbursable expenses, and any other fees related to the Work.
- Unpaid bills will incur interest at a rate of 2% per day. It is at TLC – Virtual Assistant’s discretion whether work continues after a bill remains unpaid beyond the 7-day payment period.
- Billable time includes meetings and calls outside of contracted hours and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
- A time report will be provided with the invoice unless the client requests otherwise.
- All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
- Payment to be made by bank transfer.
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR, the Client and TLC – Virtual Assistant may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
- Either the Client or the TLC – Virtual Assistant has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
TLC – VIRTUAL ASSISTANT AGREES:
- to conduct your business affairs in a professional manner and avoid behaviour that could bring your business and reputation into disrepute.
- to conduct business affairs based on sound, ethical principles and will communicate fairly and honestly with your clients, associates, employees and suppliers.
- to make an honest representation of skills, experience and qualifications at all times.
- to respect the confidentiality of your personal and business practices and recognise your ownership of any intellectual copyright pertaining to your business activities.
- to strive to maintain high professional standards by staying abreast of advances within the industry and to strive for excellence through professional improvement.
- to keep all acquired personal data safe and secure (but will never be fully immune to hacks) and ensure it is only used for its intended purpose, in accordance with GDPR and all regulations set by the ICO.
TLC – Virtual Assistant is available weekdays from 9am to 7pm. Correspondence received outside of these hours will usually be responded to on the next working day.
Communication and instructions should be via email.
Retained clients get priority. If you know you’ll be needing a set number of hours every month, a specific task completed every month, or there’s a possibility any of your tasks will need attention within three working days then a retainer package is the best option. You can retain my time, at £35 an hour, anything from one hour a month.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions may be updated at any time to suit the demands of business.